1 full day per week or 2 half days. This will increase over time to at least 2 full days per week.
Working on DDS designs - high volume commercial product. Most designs are simple and require just a good eye for colour. Some are more complex such as florals and the occasional illustration for a placement print.
Packaging updates are also required, these are simple with templates already established.
• Able to do some research into trend and print
• Have a good eye
• Advanced Illustrator skills – working on PC (Sorry)
• Fast and efficient
• Able to juggle workload
• Easy going, able to work closely with full-time designer and take feedback – not precious please
• Experience in socks or underwear desirable, but not essential
• Interested in learning about the category
• Garment/textile knowledge useful
This role could be good for either an experienced designer wanting some stability with part-time work. Or a talented graduate looking to build a career. The business is very successful and growing fast, so there is room to move into product development if interested later.
Malvern location – Glenferrie Rd, close to Malvern Station and busy shopping area
Small team of very experienced professionals.
Salary: $50,000 pro rata – negotiable based on experience
We look forward to speaking to you.
Please send applications to Kelly Barrett at Starcorp Textiles.
If you are looking for an artist, design or craftsperson to create customised work for a particular project, or if you would like to list a position vacant, send me an email & I'll add your listing to this page.